Monday, October 11, 2010

Okonomiyaki, "Music," and The Golden Classroom!

Well, my one week of golden students came to and end on Saturday and I am now stuck waiting another four weeks before I get the chance to meet my favorite students. At this school I really do get to see the students that everyone dreams of having in their classes. They are smart, funny, motivated, and polite. The parents are great too.

It was a great way to cheer me up since I had just realized that I had been chasing a ghost for an entire month.

Since it was parent ops I was given the opportunity to meet the parents briefly along with the siblings. I had a lot of fun, to say the least.

During the lessons, the Japanese Teacher (Nami-sensei) would take the parents back and speak with them about their child and about the classes so that I could still work with the kids and give all the parents a chance to observe my lessons as well.

Apparently I impressed a great number of the parents since some of them even stated that they wanted to join the classes so that I would be their teacher. Talk about stroking my ego, right?

All in all, it was a great classroom.

After the week had finished I went out to dinner with Nami-sensei and she took me to a nice okonomiyaki place. It was wonderful. It meant a lot to me since it was my first time eating okonomiyaki again since I came back to Japan. I wish I had taken pictures for everyone to see, but oh well. I guess I can't always be dragging my camera everywhere, right?

After eating and talking to Nami-sensei about pretty much anything that popped into my head, we headed over to DonQuiote, which is the closest thing to Walmart Japan has, and I got myself some much needed pasta sauce and a wine bottle opener.

The next day I had planed to do errands, but of course it rained (since it has managed to rain almost every day I have off). Seriously weather gods? You gotta rag on me and my coworkers every time we are trying to relax on the weekend? I ended up just getting some hot chocolate at starbucks and heading back to my apartment.

Soon after though I got a call about a music party going on at a local bar so I thought I'd tag along. Of course, my friends was using the word "music" very loosely since it was all experimental crap which would have even made someone tripped out on E scratch their head in confusion. In other words, 1500 yen down the drain. Honestly, even the free drink I got was lousy. I have never heard sounds like I heard that night and I pray to God that I never do again. Maybe it was my classical training or the fact that they just screamed into the microphone while playing out of tune and rhythm on purpose.

I've still been feeling pretty down lately. I'm trying to raise my spirits up again, but it is not easy. I hope I find a nice girl soon. I mean, all this bad luck has got to add up to something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment